Ten Ways to Support the Vision and Mission
The Thelma D. Jones Breast Cancer Fund (TDJBCF) vision is to save lives and to embrace and achieve a world community free of breast cancer. One of the most important ways to help ensure that the organization’s vision is carried out is by strategically inviting and involving everyone to be a part of the organization. Below are ways that you can be a part of the organization’s vision and mission. We welcome other ways and ideas of involving the entire community of supporters as well.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
- Refer: Encourage breast cancer survivors—regardless of their age, stage, ethnicity or gender—to attend the organization’s monthly support group meetings held on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm at St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church, 555 Water Street SW, Washington, DC, unless otherwise specified.
- Serve: Be an ambassador to the TDJBCF and help spread the word about the mission and vision of the organization. Training will be provided.
- Volunteer: Help staff the TDJBCF’s information table at a church, recreation center, hospital, school, or similar venues. During an event, volunteer at the registration table, serve as a hostess or help with setup and breakdown.
- Invite: Request Founder Thelma D. Jones to serve as a guest speaker at your place of employment, community events, faith-based institutions, schools, fraternities and sororities, alumni associations or other related events and venues.
- Share: Provide the TDJBCF with leads and connections for media and funding opportunities and share leads for pro bono, complimentary or reduced fees and services for space use, grant writing, public relations, printing, graphic design, catering, photography, vocal, musical and poetic performers and other related and useful services.
- Promote: Include an announcement about the TDJBCF’s events and activities on social media and/or in your job or church newsletter, website or bulletin board; or take out an ad on the organization in a souvenir booklet, journal or local newspaper.
- Ask: Identify businesses and other causes and entities and ask if they will be willing to donate portions of their profits to the TDJBCF.
- Publicize: Identify facilities that are willing to display literature on the TDJBCF, healthy living and cancer awareness in general.
- Designate: Make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Donate: Make an annual or recurring contribution to the TDJBCF to help carry out its mission and vision. Donations should be payable to the Thelma D. Jones Breast Cancer Fund and mailed to Attention: Thelma D. Jones, Founder, 400 I Street SW, Washington, DC 20024.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”4697″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_separator el_width=”70″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Make a Donation